According to an e-Cab report in 2017, there are more than 700 hundred eCommerce websites in Bangladesh and around 800 eCommerce pages on Facebook.
It shows that, like the rest of the world, e-commerce in Bangladesh is also seeing its peak. We have seen hundreds of e-commerce sites on the internet, and the number is increasing day by day.
Since the BD ecommerce site list is quite big, you might struggle to find the best ones among them. Well, don’t worry anymore! In this article, we will share a shortlist of the top ecommerce website in Bangladesh so you don’t have to spend an eternity to find the best ones.
We will also tell you the details of each one. So, without further ado, let’s start!
Top E-Commerce Site in Bangladesh 2022
When coming up with the list, we have mainly focused on the service quality, range, and a few other things.
Here is what we found.
|Logo||Domain||Direct Search||Referrals||Search Traffic||Social Traffic||Display|
1. Daraz Bangladesh
Currently, Daraz.com.bd is the largest e-commerce website in Bangladesh. From 2015 until now, it has successfully created a strong fan base across the country.
The site provides a wide range of products such as home decor, fashion, home appliances, electronics, fashion & makeup items, furniture, and many more things.
Daraz is famous for providing authentic products and on-time delivery. It also offers free return options for some products. Several well-known companies from different countries have worked with Daraz. They operate ecommerce services and logistics in a few other Asian countries such as Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar, including Bangladesh.
Since Alibaba acquired the group, the giant ecommerce of China, in May 2018, the quality has become even better. We are sure that Daraz will never fail to amaze us in the upcoming years!
The Notable Aspects of Daraz.com
- Listed more than 20 million products.
- Creating new partnerships and increasing the product range regularly.
- Guarantee 100% authenticity.
- Reasonable price tag.
- Fast delivery – 2 to 5 days inside Dhaka and 4-8 days outside Dhaka.
- Friendly customer service.
- Easy return policy.
- User-friendly free app service.
- Easy navigation of the site and app.
- Multiple payment options – Card, bKash, Cash-on-delivery, Credit Card, etc.
- The home page seems quite messy because of too many advertisements.
- The font and design are hard to read for some people.
For online grocery shopping Chaldal.com is a trusted brand in Bangladesh. When it comes to the best e-commerce site in Bangladesh to deliver daily food items, Chaldal is undoubtedly the leading one.
The main products that Chaldal sell are grocery items, fruits, vegetable, rice, fish, meat, baby products, foods, cleaning products, beauty and health items, etc.
The goal of Chaldal is to provide basic necessities to their consumer who doesn’t want to leave home for basic shopping. Chaldal delivers all goods to customers’ doors and saves their valuable time. You know, it’s quite challenging to deal with perishable things as they are hard to store.
But Chaldal successfully overcomes the struggle, and till now, they have done this hard work perfectly.
The Notable Aspects of Chaladal.com
- A large collection of products.
- Deliver fresh products and ensure the quickest possible delivery.
- Sales promotional activities and interesting discounts.
- Up to 3% discounts for the first-time purchase and free home delivery for a minimal amount of purchase.
- Compatible app for Android and iOS.
- Convenient payment option including ash on delivery, Master & Visa card, and bKash.
- Chaldal sometimes gets mocked about the way they market their site. They should find more interesting ways to promote their site.
- The product image should be more clear. The poor image quality sometimes negatively impacts the viewer’s mind.
- The content quality should be improved to refine their site.
Pickaboo is a popular e-commerce website in Bangladesh for tech people. When it’s about buying the highest-quality, legitimate tech products such as smartphones, computers, electronic gadgets, watches, etc., Picakboo is the name of trust for many users.
Among all the tech e-commerce websites in Bangladesh, Pickabbo achieves everyone’s trust because of its remarkable service. Their strong online presence and activity make them what they are today.
The Notable Aspects of Picakaboo.com
- Largest online gadget store in Bangladesh—from local brands to international ones, you can find all the products on this single site.
- 100% authentic products come with a warranty.
- Give amazing offers On any special day or occasion that customers like to get.
- 24 hours fast delivery inside Dhaka.
- Easy return facilities for faulty products.
- EMI facility, bKash, Swipe on delivery, Cash-on-delivery, Visa Card, Master Card, etc., are several options for payment.
Sometimes you can face issues due to problematic delivery. However, the outstanding service of Pickaboo handles these problems perfectly. So, there is no major weakness of this site at all.
When it comes to the top e-commerce site in Bangladesh for booklovers, Rokomari is undoubtedly the best one. Incepted in 2012, it is the first service that introduces cash-on-delivery in this country.
The founder Mahmud Hasan Sohag first started the business as an online bookselling site. From educational to fictional and religious, almost every category of books is available in Rokomari. Here you will find books about politics, business, art & crafts, history, science fiction, fairytale, or even request to avail a book you want.
Rokomari has recently scaled up its service and started selling calculators, watches, computer peripherals, perfume, video tutorials, DVDs, etc.
The Notable Aspects of Rokomari.com
- Large collection of foreign and local books.
- Carefully wrap the books to prevent any damage.
- Excellent home delivery system all over Bangladesh.
- Flexible return policy; Return any purchased book within 3 days.
- Gift vouchers to buy for as a gift for friends and family.
- Free PDF preview option to give readers a basic idea about the book.
- Payment options: bKash, Payza, Master Card, Cash-on-delivery, Rocket, etc.
- Sometimes the package got damaged and made the book worn out with several deformations.
- Some claims may found on social media regarding the high price compared to physical bookstore.
Ajkerdeal is one of the leading e-commerce sites in BD that started its journey almost a decade ago. It’s a sister concern of Bdjobs – the largest job site in the country.
The site deals with so many varieties of products, including fashion and beauty, food items, electronics appliances, etc., that are available at a low cost. The marketplace lets you find the items that you need regularly.
The Notable Aspects of Ajkerdeal
- Affordable and fair price segment.
- Well-organized site—easy to navigate and find out desired product.
- Quick filtering to find all the trendy products.
- Flexible return policy for faulty goods and items.
- Easy order tracking lets you track the progress of your order.
- Payment Option: Cash on delivery, DBBL banking payment, bKash, iPay, MasterCard, VisaCard, and American Express
- For every bKash transaction, consumers can enjoy a 10% – 50% cashback offer.
- Some pages, images, and alt tags need to optimize.
- The photo quality is not up to date.
Among all the Bangladesh ecommerce sites specializing in cosmetics, BanglaShoppers is indeed a successful name. The platform started its journey about a decade ago to provide genuine branded products at a fair price.
From the very beginning, BanglaShopers has achieved the trust of women consumers and become their go-to shopping destination for skincare and cosmetic needs.
Here you will find a wide variety of makeup, haircare, and skincare products for both men and women. Even if you live in a remote part of the country, you can still purchase authentic items from them.
The Notable Aspects of BanglaShopers.com
- A broad collection of reputed local and international cosmetic brands.
- 100% authentic and high-quality products.
- Same-day delivery service inside Dhaka.
- Clearance sales and combo purchase options with a significant amount of discount.
- Easy to navigate and user mobile-friendly site for smartphone users.
- The available physical outlet allows you to visit stores in person.
- Payment Option: bKash, debit card, or credit card (Visa, Master, Amex & Mobile Banking), cash-on-delivery.
- Sometimes image size and alt tags are not properly optimized.
The ultimate place to satisfy your food cravings without going outside is definitely Foodpanda. This is the most popular ecommerce site in Bangladesh for food lovers. Currently, it is operating its business in all the 64 districts in Bangladesh.
Just choose your nearby favorite restaurants and order a menu; the food will be delivered to your doorsteps in less than an hour. Foodpanda is connected with all varieties of restaurants to enjoy both local and international cuisine.
From Chinese to Deshi, you can find any type of cuisine you crave. The site lets customers browse their nearby food places and order the available menu. Moreover, the easy ordering process and fast delivery make them the top online food ordering company in Bangladesh.
The Notable Aspects of Foodpanda.com.bd
- The quickest delivery and warm meal are the most amazing things Foodpanda offers.
- Wide coverage all over the country.
- Special offers and discounts with every purchase.
- The easy-to-navigate app is indeed praiseworthy.
- Great customer service experience.
- By entering your location, you can check all the nearby food places within a moment.
- Both Cash on delivery and digital payments e.g. cards, bKash, etc., are available.
- Some restaurants don’t offer the full menu in Foodpanda.
- Damaged or delayed delivery due to delivery constraints.
Bikroy.com starts its journey following a different method than the rest of the e-commerce sites in Bangladesh. When typical online shops sell something new, Bikroy.com offers a broad collection of second-hand products.
Whether looking for furniture or iPhone, you will find everything on this site and buy them at a lower cost. You can also sell your used product on this platform.
Bikroy.com lets you advertise your product for free in different regions across the country. All you have to do is just click photos of your product and post them on the website. It takes less than a couple of minutes.
More praiseworthy is that the website authority checks every post carefully to maintain quality. So you don’t have to worry about fraud while buying something. Again, if you want to sell your products, you can upload them describing your product details by simply creating an account.
The Notable Aspects of Bikroy.com
- Most trusted e-commerce site in Bangladesh to buy and sell used things.
- Easy to create an account and use.
- Post your ad for free!
- Membership options.
- Doorstep delivery service.
- Location, price range and product type filtering option.
- An easy and organized website makes it effortless to navigate.
- Safe payment gateway options
- The user interface of this site is pretty simple to look at. Many customers might find it unattractive.
The industrial giant Pran RFL group has taken their step in making an ecommerce website in Bangladesh in the year 2015. They have created Othoba.com as their first e-commerce business site and started to sell almost all types of products to customers.
Starting from clothes, accessories, toys, home appliances, electronics, and many more, you can find everything you need here. From the very beginning, the site mainly focuses on the comfort and well-being of its consumers and promises to deliver high-quality products.
Because of their sincere approach, they gained popularity in a very short time and became the first priority of many people.
The delivery range is another remarkable thing about Othoba.com, which covers almost all parts of Bangladesh. Even from the rural side, people can order their desired product and get the delivery at a comparatively lower price.
The Notable Aspects of Othoba.com
- Wide range of local and foreign products from different categories.
- Live chat option that quickly replies to all the customer queries.
- Lucrative discounts and offers from time to time.
- 7-day return policy for any purchase.
- Payment can be made through bKash, Payza, or Cash on delivery.
- com has quite a messy home page. The first look doesn’t create a good impression.
The last one on our list is Priyoshop.com which is a leading retail online platform. You will be able to find all your favorite brands here in one place.
From Priyoshop, you can pick up your desired clothes, jewelry, accessories, books, health, personal care, footwear, etc. They are famous for keeping the latest collection and following the trend.
The website started its activities in 2015 by Spelndor IT, and from then, they constantly worked on updating its product and services to stay up-to-date.
The Notable Aspects of Priyoshop.com
- Wide range of product selections from IT to lifestyle segments.
- High-quality products with an official warranty.
- Responsive website to find and filter products easily.
- Reliable delivery system – 2 days inside Dhaka city and 3-4 days outside Dhaka.
- Payment Option: bKash, Master card, American Express, Visa card, and Cash on delivery.
- com doesn’t show much information about their products.
Learn: SEO for Ecommerce
Types of Ecommerce are in Bangladesh
There are four types of ecommerce listed below are now common in Bangladesh:
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Employees (B2E)
Legal & Regulatory Environment in Ecommerce
Bangladeshis approved the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act of 2006 to promote information technology growth and improve e-commerce. The 2013 change to the Act added provisions for penalties such as jail time and/or fines for online crimes. The Act’s approval has had a big impact on Bangladeshi businesses and consumers of mobile and e-commerce. Cash continues to be the primary mode of payment, and the industry’s growth has been limited by the low usage of credit and debit cards as well as the absence of or limitations on key online transaction platforms like PayPal.
In June 2020, the government of Bangladesh removed the allowable maximum shareholding limit of 49 percent for foreign e-commerce companies, allowing 100 percent foreign-owned businesses to operate in Bangladesh. COVID- 19 social distancing methods increased demand for e-commerce services and drove many brick-and-mortar enterprises to join online sales platforms.
Learn More: Ecommerce Website Development Services
Tips to Create a Successful Online Store
After going through this Bangladesh e-commerce site list, it’s time to reveal the secret. In this segment, we will share some pro tips that increase the chances of reaching the target with your online store.
Let’s have a look at them.
Create an Engaging Website
It’s being said that your website is the face of your business. Therefore, an engaging website design is the first thing you have to utilize.
According to research, more than 90% of consumers prioritize the visual appearance of a site more than anything. So, no matter how unique or good quality product you sell, if your site design is not up to date, you won’t get any positive results.
Make Partnership with Renowned Brand
An easy way to establish your reputation is working with a big company. The popularity and power they hold are indeed beneficial to increasing trustability.
Offer Sincere Online Support
In Bangladesh, one of the main obstacles to developing an ecommerce store is that many people still can’t believe the platform. People want to check thoroughly before investing their hard-earned money. They also prefer easy return options.
You see, the e-commerce site list in Bangladesh mentioned above earns their trust by giving an easy return policy and friendly customer support.
So, whether you are new or have an established site, ensure better customer support and client satisfaction.
Support Multiple Payment Options
No online store can shine with only one payment method unless they run into a cash-on-delivery system. And this system is not practical for all types of business.
As a result, when you develop a website for your online store, make sure it supports multiple payment options and try to include all the popular payment methods customers use.
Make Sure Your Site is SEO-Friendly
Optimize your website to get the highest-ranking position and reach your potential customers. Without proper SEO optimization, there is a high chance that your site won’t get the visibility it needs and ultimately fall.
Learn More: Shopify SEO Checklist for Beginners
The Bottom Line
So far, you have seen the BD e-commerce site list that contains the 10 best websites’ names and descriptions. At the end of the article, we have also shared some important tips for building a successful online marketplace.
Well, Bangladesh may not be that developed in this industry. But the way it improves day by day, hopefully, we will see a global giant from our motherland very soon!
How Many Ecommerce Websites are There in Bangladesh?
According to the eCommerce Association of Bangladesh (e-Cab), around 700 eCommerce sites are active in Bangladesh. Besides, social media platforms are also a popular medium for running online stores in this country. There are more than 8000 active eCommerce pages you can find on Facebook, and the number is increasing day by day.
What is the Best Ecommerce Site in Bangladesh?
There are hundreds of eCommerce sites active in Bangladesh. Daraz, Chaldal, and Rokomari are the leading ones in this industry. According to the consumers, they are considered the best eCommerce sites in Bangladesh.
Do You Need a Business License to Sell Online in Bangladesh?
Yes, you need a business license to sell online in Bangladesh. The authority issue an eCommerce trade license to every online business. So if you are planning to start your online store, you have to apply for one.
How Can I Start an Ecommerce Business in Bangladesh?
The first step of starting an eCommerce business is creating the business model. To do that, you have to do deep research on the eCommerce niche and focus on the current market situation of the business. As soon as you build up a perfect structure, register your business legally in the country.
What is an E-commerce Transaction?
An E-commerce transaction is buying and selling goods or services over an electronic network. There are three main types of e-commerce transactions that are popular these days. They are B2B (Business-to-Business), B2C (Business-to-Consumer), C2C (Consumer-toConsumer).
Which Type of E-commerce is Prominent in Bangladesh?
The four forms of eCommerce listed below are now common in Bangladesh: Business-to-Consumer (B2C), Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C), Business-to-Business (B2B)
Where Ecommerce is Growing Fastest?
Asia, Australia, and the Americas were predicted to experience the biggest rise in e-commerce sales in 2022. With online sales rising by more than 36% and 34%, respectively, Singapore and Indonesia would take the lead.